Information about the Program:
Outback Lifesavers program has been developed to provide children in and across our regional and remote
communities with basic water safety and lifesaving skills for the program. The program is aimed at children
aged 8 to 13 years and will be conducted in local pools and inland waterways.
The Outback Lifesaver program is facilitated by Coaches to ensure the safety and protection of our children
in the program. Activities have been developed based on the characteristics and developmental capacities of
children across various age categories. All activities and environmental issues (including water conditions
and weather) will be constantly reviewed. The Outback Lifesaver program is flexible and enables a range of
delivery models to meet participant needs, local conditions and requirements.
Outback Lifesavers is all about active fun! The skills and experiences gained in the program provide for
future generations of community lifesavers.
- Increased aquatic skills and proficiencies in a range of aquatic environments.
- Increased aquatic and community safety knowledge relevant to local surroundings and conditions.
- Increased understanding of local aquatic environments, including pools, rivers, lakes and dams and their
associated risks and hazards.
- Great fun and enjoyment – lots of laughter with friends and peers!
- An appreciation for local aquatic environments and the need to respect such environments.
- Health, well-being and social outcomes
- Enhanced understanding and support for local safe communities.
- This program will run on Sunday mornings between 9-11am. Sessions will run for 1 hour with start times
dependent on age.
- Start Date: Sunday 17th January 2021 at Oasis Aquatic Centre (proficiency swim)
- Session dates: Sunday 31st January at Wagga Wagga Beach.
- Water conditions and weather will be constantly reviewed for safety, alternate venue if required will be
at Oasis Aquatic Centre.